Thursday, February 28, 2013

Welcome To My Blog



"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." 

- J.R.R. Tolkien (as Bilbo Baggins)


I've been stuck for a while now, trying to decide how to launch this sparkling new space of mine, but somehow I just kept getting caught up in the big picture instead of just stepping out onto the road.

For most of my life, I've been so preoccupied with whether or not I'm going in the right direction that I barely even make it out the front door. Somehow, I just keep getting caught up in the big picture instead of just stepping out on the road, and most of the time I avoid the first step until I have it all figured out.

Newsflash To Me: I Will Never Actually Figure It All Out

So instead of waiting until there's a fool proof plan (or even any plan in general), I'm going to try jumping in with both feet. With hands raised high, and toes wiggling in the breeze. I'm rejoicing in the unknown, whether or not I'm supposed to be here or there or anywhere, and taking tiny steps off my front porch.

I'm deciding the road will know where to take me. 
Even if I have no idea where it goes. 
Or if it even has a name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...